Get The BEST Fall Portraits With These Tips
You're spending your hard-earned money and valuable time to have fall portraits taken. Make sure you're properly informed so you and your family can have the best possible photo shoot experience!!
There is a special kind of magic that comes with outdoor, photo sessions. The beautiful colors of the changing leaves create a lovely backdrop for any photo session. Here are some tips to make your fall photo sessions go smoothly.
Fall Portrait Tips 1-3
- Dress warmly. You will be surprised at how often this is overlooked. Since you’ll be standing outside for a long period of time, short sleeves, thin fabrics, and open toe shoes will not be comfortable for very long. Shivering makes it hard to look happy and pose properly.
- Be prepared! Bring a coat that you can put on between poses for chilly days. You'd be surprised how much cooler it can be out in the open with the wind blowing.
- Wear sunscreen. Protecting your skin should be a priority throughout the year, not just in summer. Use a good moisturizer to protect your skin from chilly winds.
Fall Portrait Tips 4-6
- Be flexible. If the weather isn't exactly what you had hoped for, see if you can still make the photo session work. If you are however scheduling this session in advance, you may just have to work with the weather on that particular day. A cloudy day is PERFECT for photos!!
- Incorporate color. Even though fall has some amazing colors to work with, why not wear a splash of color to really stand out in your photos? For example, vibrant shades of blues and greens look amazing amongst crunchy brown leaves.
- Plan your day. Taking your photos just after the sun rises or just before it sets will provide you with amazing lighting so try and plan your session around those times.
Bring some hot tea or coffee along to make your photo session even more enjoyable and get ready for some beautiful results.
Northwest Indiana has many beautiful photo locations. Apple orchards make a great fall portrait location. Check out this post on an adorable little girl's birthday session at County Line Orchard.
Let's Schedule Your Fall Portraits!!
Click the link to send me a message so we can get your photo session on the books!